Thursday 7 January 2010

7/365 - Dreaming While Shovelling .....

Today saw no snow but bright sunshine which had no effect whatsoever on the copious amount of the white stuff lying around.  All the news channels are keeping us informed about the whys and wherefors of the current crisis, the science of gritting, the benefits of cat litter - but where I live - hell no - it's shovels out ....

I am not a huge fan of strenuous exercise - like shovelling - but I have to say this morning was the warmest I have been for many days (apart from my feet - wellies are not good to make your feet warm).  I can now, if I choose ('cos the engine started), get my car out onto the road where I live - but there's no point doing that really because it is just thick snow turned to ice.
Here, I must tell you about my neighbour - she works in the Doctor's Surgery some five miles away as a pharmacy dispenser.  She, and another girl who works in the shop in the same village, walked to work this morning - well they got four miles and someone stopped and gave them a lift; and someone else gave them a lift back home - how's about that for heroism ...
Anyways, my neighbour tells me that the roads linking our village to the nearest main road that would definitely be gritted are no-go areas - even proper 4x4's are having difficulty, the roads are just solid ice.
So as it gets colder, my milk supply dwindles, the kids next door continue to make a hell of a racket and I get more and more fed up, I am dreaming of this ....
 
But I have a plan - but you will have wait until 9/365 .....

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's great to see you - hope you'll come back tomorrow, and the day after and the day after that - right through to 31st December 2010 ....