Saturday 2 January 2010

2/365 - Families - Who'd Have 'Em ....

This is a photograph of one of the wheels of my car .....


What has this got to do with today, you may ask.  Well, the plan was to travel from home in Sussex up to Epsom in Surrey to meet two of my second cousins to swap notes about how far we had progressed with the Family Tree.
Before I set out I needed to get some air in my tyres - something which I am unable to do myself (how sad is that - lol).  To achieve this I enlised help from immediate family - daughter and her father (ex-husband).  Did they - did they hell. So after much huffing and puffing, I managed to work out how to use the digital air machine on the garage forecourt and set off on my way.
After getting lost and one of the second cousin's husbands coming out to find me, having a brief stop over in a car park at the top of Epsom Downs where the view across London (from Canary Wharf to Heathrow) was outstanding (it was such a shame my digi camera wasn't up to the photo - lol) I arrived at destination and had a great afternoon and got some useful information and scanned photos for my Family Tree.
I managed to drive home in the dark - not a favourite pursuit of mine - to find an answerphone message from my mother, who said that she was feeling unwell and that basically, I was not being a good daughter.
Results of the day - (1) there is now one more thing I don't need anyone else for - putting the air in my tyres (2) I want a better digital camera (3) families aren't always what they're cracked up to be (but I knew that already - lol) .....

1 comment:

  1. Great start Sue - love your wheel photo and story. I'm afraid that I never inflate my tyres either, I don't know what the pressure is supposed to be! So it only happens when the car gets serviced.

    ReplyDelete

It's great to see you - hope you'll come back tomorrow, and the day after and the day after that - right through to 31st December 2010 ....