Thursday 21 January 2010

21/365 - Keeping It Tidy ....

In the 20/365 post I showed you a piccie of my nice tidy (and clean) desk in my second office.  One of the things about my job is PAPER - tons and tons of it everywhere.  Computers such a really useful thing to have but a lot of my job requires that PAPER is created - and kept.  Also the nature of the work that I do involves notes - notes to self, notes to others and the notes, even though they are on neon coloured Post-It notes, get lost in the debris.
For ages I have been looking for a desktop filing system that isn't a letter tray - 'cos you just end up with all the PAPER in piles in them and you haven't got a hope in hell of remembering what's in the pile.  I also don't want things on the walls in my second office - I have a plan for them.  So I was flicking through the stationary catalogue and found this ....

I've had a really busy day and I've already forgotten what it's called but there are 20 framed top loading plastic wallets - so I can have all my lists of people, meetings and other day to day stuff  in some and keep my preparation  papers for meetings and To Do Lists in others.
Oh yes, and construction involved a screwdriver and I put it together all by myself - everyone else had gone home ....
With this and my whiteboard - efficiency will rule - lol ..... 

2 comments:

  1. I've just had a light bulb moment Sue, pity that filing system of yours doesnt have magnetic insides- it would make a FANTASTIC storage system for nestibilities !!! What do you think ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooooohhhhhhhhh - love it - even if it didn't how about just low tack taping them to card ....

    ReplyDelete

It's great to see you - hope you'll come back tomorrow, and the day after and the day after that - right through to 31st December 2010 ....