Sunday 17 January 2010

17/365 - Meeting Rachel .....



Today was a big day - I went out to lunch at a lovely pub not far from home.  My son, Matt, is one of those people who can deal with whatever life throws at them with confidence, charm and street-wise savvy - he's a great bloke but without being cocky about it - but last night and this morning he was in bits.  The reason - I was meeting him and his new girl friend, Rachel .  Matt has had a really tough time on the women front and he knows how protective I am (indeed, of both my children) and he decided neutral ground was best - what does he think I am Cruella DeVille - lol .....
I don't know why he was worrying, she's a lovely girl - down to earth, friendly, chatty and - most importantly, she looks you in the eye when you speak to her (one of my pet foibles - lol).  We had a lovely lunch and the conversation flowed with lots of laughing and then we all went to see my daughter - and again she was a hit - down on the floor with The Gorgeous One, aka Finley William, chatting away and she even looked at my Blogs - how's that for a good omen ......
So - Rachel scores 9 out of 10 - she would have got 10 but she didn't eat all her lunch ....
PS - I didn't take the photo 'cos I forgot the camera - just in case you were wondering about the flowers - lol

1 comment:

  1. Glad things went well with Rachel. Our local is also the Kings Head. Wonder how many there are in the UK?!

    ReplyDelete

It's great to see you - hope you'll come back tomorrow, and the day after and the day after that - right through to 31st December 2010 ....