Monday 11 January 2010

11/365 - The Great Escape .....

After five days of going nuts, climbing the walls and generally being miserable - yesterday afternoon I booked a taxi to take me to work today.  I had heard such horror stories about the disgusting conditions out there and little cars like mine being pushed off the road by bigger cars and looking at the state of my road alone (which looks like a Martian landscape), I thought a taxi was required.   I did try and drive yesterday and got as far as reversing out of my parking space, which is on a slight downward slope and then down onto the road but the back wheels span, I panicked and I let it slide back into said parking place.  Most unlike me, I had totally lost my confidence about driving.
I had also decided that I would stay overnight in the office and come back Tuesday night, so that I could, hopefully, drive myself on Wednesday.
So I left with this lot ....

and returned with it - plus a bag of sugar and a pint of milk.
My pal at work, Eamonn, persuaded me that it wasn't really one of my better ideas to stay in the office overnight on my own and then we had a light bulb idea - ask the taxi driver to move my car round the corner where the road is a bit clearer and flat and there are no obstacles, like other parked cars - and bless him he did. So - tomorrow I am going to be a big brave girl and get behind the wheel again ......

1 comment:

  1. I didn't make it to the office either yesterday. I was all ready to go and then the weather forecast for SW and Wales put me off. But today I do have to go to Reading. I've also become a bit of a scaredy cat about driving!

    ReplyDelete

It's great to see you - hope you'll come back tomorrow, and the day after and the day after that - right through to 31st December 2010 ....