Tuesday 5 January 2010

5/365 - It's Not Funny Anymore .......

I have deliberately not posted any photos about the weather 'cos we are all suffering, but, as I say - it's not funny anymore ....
Here we are this morning .... (mind you - should have taken this photo yesterday when it was -8.5 - lol)


I generally don't mind the cold but I'm getting cheesed off with it now.  I absolutely detest, hate and loath scraping the car off in the morning - however pretty it looks ....

The windscreen is OK because I lay a really heavy blanket (acquired from some removal men - can't remember how) over it but it's the scrapping off the side windows and the  fiddly wing mirrors; slipping and sliding  along the icy road from my house out to the main road through the village (which does get gritted); negotiating more icy roads (ungritted) on windy country lanes for the first five miles of the journey; driving along on clear roads at a reasonable pace (and I'm not a slow driver) with a white van in my boot; desperately wishing all the time that the windscreen washer bottle would defrost; looking for an ice free parking space in the car park at work; and, when I finally get into work, spending the first 15 minutes of the  day draped over a radiator.
It's also very cold in my house - only having two stupid and ineffective night storage heaters.  I spend my time at home in socks, a sweater and two cardigans - not a pretty sight - lol.  Germs don't live in my house and it's amazing that I haven't had a cold - seeing as it's like a greenhouse at work and the Arctic in my house.
Light bulb idea - tomorrow lunch I will nip into that well known car bits shop and buy a hoodie for my car .... oh yes and a new scrapper seeing as mine is a bit knackered - lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's great to see you - hope you'll come back tomorrow, and the day after and the day after that - right through to 31st December 2010 ....