Sunday 28 February 2010

59/365 - Being A Bit Of An Anorak .....

I have been to Stevenage today - on the train (if you want to know why you will  have to click over to my other Blog  here ...) 
I like travelling by train, particularly when I haven't been on a particular route before.  This morning was no exception - I set off on the first train out at 7.31am - yikes - and then changed at Three Bridges (just south of Gatwick) to catch the Brighton to Bedford train (how on earth has that route survived).  The route went through south London to the Elephant and Castle .... here's a photo out of the train window of the London Eye in the distance (if you click on the photo you can see the Eye better) ....
on to Blackfriars (this is on Blackfriars Bridge - see here to find out what it is ....
 though Faringdon Street and then into St Pancras International.
I had to laugh at the Network Rail web site which gives 31 minutes to walk from St Pancras to Kings Cross - it's just out of the station, cross the road, down an alley and there you are.
There was a bit of time before the non-stop train to Stevenage, so I went in search of this ......
 
I have to be truthful and say that my photo is appalling - so I've borrowed this one.  On my next touristy visit to Lodon, I will go again and take a better picture.
On the way back, I had a mooch around St Pancras - home of the Eurostar ....
And this has to be one of THE most beautiful statues .....
So as a member of the travelling public I had a good day - with one exception - at Finsbury Park and West Norwood Stations there were loads of beautiful hanging baskets full of summer flowers and vibrant greenery - all PLASTIC - shame on them - lol ....
Looking forward to my next train travel experience - when I will be travelling FIRST CLASS  .....

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's great to see you - hope you'll come back tomorrow, and the day after and the day after that - right through to 31st December 2010 ....