Saturday 13 February 2010

44/365 - Intolerable Cruelty .....

Some more commentating on what is going on (maybe I should get a soap box - lol).  Today, I feel compelled to talk about the Prime Minister, Gordon Brown ....
Over the past few days much has been said about his interview with Piers Morgan and how he  has talked about the death of his baby, Jennifer Jane.  Now I'm not a political animal by any means - I have too much going on in my own life and I don't understand half the shenanigans but I was totally gob-smacked by an item on the news today where they go through the newspapers and then showed a cartoon that is one of today's tabloids -
The cartoon pictured a red heart with a cupid and the slogan - Roses are red, Violets are blue, I am exploiting my family, Just for you .......
I think that is unbelievably cruel and totally disgusting.  I have never lost a child but I watched my mother suffer when my brother was killed.  The reasoning behind the Prime Minister's decision to talk about Jennifer Jane doesn't matter - the truth of the matter is that he and Sarah lost their child and everyone, including the gutter press should be compassionate and understanding ......

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's great to see you - hope you'll come back tomorrow, and the day after and the day after that - right through to 31st December 2010 ....