Saturday 6 February 2010

37/365 - A Purely Personal View .....

I don't count myself as anything special - I try to live life cheerfully, compassionately, fairly, honestly and prosperously.  I get it wrong sometimes and act crazy as well sometimes - but I'm just like everyone else ....
 
I don't consider myself to be a public commentator either but two things in the last couple of days have captured my imagination -
The Man from Italy - he say No
The Man from Whitehall - he say Yes
I think both Fabia Cappello and Keir Starmer have done the right thing and, dare I say, been  exceptionally brave about it.
So what if other England Captains have had affairs, that was then, this is now.  John Terry is a role model to an already off track younger generation and if you can't help yourself and have to play  - you don't play in your own backyard.  What has struck me about this saga is his seemingly lack of caring for his family and his total selfishness - which appears to be totally driven by pounds, shillings and pence ..... Oh yes, and I don't believe for one minute that the other party won't kiss and tell - the whole mucky and sordid story will out - sooner or later, it always does - and probably all for money again .....
And as for the three MPs and one Lord - well.  Listening to two of them on the news last night - how dare they.  Well done Keir Starmer.  He might have done the wrong thing last week over the shockingly sad story of Kay Gilderdale but this week I think he's got it right ....
My Nan always used to say "What goes around, comes around" ......
And just one other thing (am on a roll here) that stupid 'Celebrity' marriage last week in Las Vegas - do we really care.  I definitely don't.  I think they should do to her what they did to Cheryl Cole  (quite like her) last week and show Katie what she might look like when she's 75.  Cheryl came out of that OK - Katie wouldn't stand a chance .....
Rant over - lol ....

1 comment:

  1. Hear hear Sue. So glad to see Capello ascerting his authority like that. And as for the MPs...!!

    ReplyDelete

It's great to see you - hope you'll come back tomorrow, and the day after and the day after that - right through to 31st December 2010 ....