Tuesday 23 February 2010

52-54/365 - Randomness ......

There have been complaints - lol - that I am not keeping this Blog up to date.  Apparently, there are people out there who actually visit and have a look see at the world, Sue style ... How cool is that?  So to my admirers (well, two of them anyway) my apologies and I will try and do better from now on.  They do say that February is the month of the lifeless ......
So here's an offering for 52/365  .... which saw me and My Favourite People aka my children, Matthew and Elizabeth and my grandson, The Gorgeous One, aka Finley William; and the lovely Rachel (Matt's girlfriend) all descend on their Dad for dinner .....
He lives on a Dutch barge on the Thames near Chertsey ....
This was because it is his birthday on Thursday and also because I got in first meeting the lovely Rachel and he wanted to meet her and that had to fit in with Matt's climbing schedule - are you following ....
The drama of the occasion was that Rachel is a vegetarian - when I met her it was easy - we went to a pub.  When I spent Friday evening over at my daughter's watching Eastenders there was a huge discussion  (after Eastenders of course) as to the menu - ex-husband was there as well.  He was all for cooking a side of beef  for us and raiding the Linda MacCartney cabinet at Asda's down the road from him, for her.  Elizabeth and I were horrified that he could think such a thing and we spent the rest of the evening poring over cook books.
The end result was scrumptious - I have to say he is a good cook.  For starters it was onion shells stuffed with goats cheese, tomatoes and pine nuts (he did those in a slow cooker).  Main course was mushroom and courgette lasagne with green vegetables.  Both courses were home made - he even made the tomato puree for the onion dish himself and was gutted when we told him he could have bought it in a tube - lol.  To finish was raspberry cheesecake - a bit of a comedown 'cos that came from Asda - lol.
Rachel was dead impressed that he had gone to so much trouble - especially as all Matt does is raid the Linda MacCartney cabinet - lol.
53/365 - was a nothing Monday.  I went to work really early for me (left home just after 7.15am) and came home just after 8.45pm.  It rained all day and I tried to get a load of work done but failed miserably due to the constant interruptions and seemingly never ending stream of visitors .....
54/365 - today - was a Day Off.  This was required so that I could watch that well-known shopping channel at midnight - without worrying that I wouldn't get up in the morning - and be able to watch said shopping channel all day.
 
So - today I have not got dressed ....note - this is one of my rather awful selection of winter nighties - got to keep warm haven't you - lol. I have munched my way through a good part of a chocolate caramel tray bake, and two bits of marmite on toast.  Watched quite a bit of TV.  Done two machine loads of washing.  Brought some crafting stuff downstairs to work on Matt's commission for the lovely Rachel's birthday surprise invitations; and generally relaxed and enjoyed the peace and quiet.
Note to self - must do this more often ....
As a parting shot for today - well done Cheryl Cole - maybe I should invite her over for tea and the rest of the chocolate caramel tray bake - she isn't that far away from here .....  I wish her all the best ...
More tomorrow - promise .....

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's great to see you - hope you'll come back tomorrow, and the day after and the day after that - right through to 31st December 2010 ....