Friday 2 April 2010

92/365 - Flat Pack Furniture ....

I really don't know what I was thinking of last Monday - flat pack furniture - yikes !!!!!  Anyways I bought this ....
This being a type of cube storage unit on wheels (reminds me of when my kids were at primary school - lol). for my craft room/office.  It stood in the hall all week - partly because I was hoping that someone might just come and put it together for me, partly because I was busy with other things and partly because it was too damn heavy to lug up the stairs.
Today, after having a particularly bad day at work yesterday, I was up really early and as I always do when I am fed up, angry or distressed - I cleaned.  I worked clockwise round downstairs - kitchen, sitting room and hall and thought 'Go For It' - lol.  Said box was dragged upstairs, opened, contents checked - and then I went back downstairs again for coffee and toast. Stop being such a girl I told myself and plodded back up the stairs - here's stage one ....
Note the torn instructions and my single lady tool box
All the screws were put in with an alun key - so not too difficult.  To put the castors  in, there was only one guide hole, so I used a bradawl - aren't you impressed.  I wasn't though because number one son had obviously 'borrowed' my diddy Philips screwdriver and all that was in the box was one that would have been more at home on a North Sea oil rig - lol - and I now have a blister on the palm of my hand - poor me ....
So - here's the finished article ....
At some stage I will stain or varnish it but not today - lol.  I just want to get this room tidy.  Will post a piccie  tomorrow of my new furniture when it's looking all crafty ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's great to see you - hope you'll come back tomorrow, and the day after and the day after that - right through to 31st December 2010 ....