Sunday 4 April 2010

94/365 - It's What Bank Holiday Weekends Are For - Isn't It?...

Missed yesterday because was too busy 'prettily arranging'  craft stuff in the newly put together flat pack furniture and emptying what was my daughter's room.  Absolute bedlam - there was craft stuff on the floor still waiting patiently for a home; the other bedroom had to be emptied - so more stuff was piled along the landing and at the top of the stairs.  Couldn't get to the loo because I just threw it all out on to the landing - lol.  Health and safety nightmare - lol.  It will be an adventure getting into bed tonight - lol.
Anyways, as the morning progressed, said room got emptier and emptier, wheelie bin got fuller and fuller, car got even more fuller with stuff for the dump.  Honestly, the stuff we accumulate - this has certainly been a down-sizing exercise.  Finally with almost empty room, I started doing that thing that hundreds of men across the land are being nagged to do this weekend - decorating.  First off the ceiling - there I am perched on my sturdy (well almost) step ladder with - would you believe - a 4" brush.  Number one son has obviously been down the single lady's paintbrush box - lol ....  The ceiling is aertex and it's only getting one coat - hence a brush and not a roller - but 4 inches - wait until I see him next ....
This room was last decorated ages ago, I'm ashamed to say.  My daughter did it (well you have to let them have a go, don't you).  I liked her colour scheme but the trouble was she hadn't learnt about cutting in and not going over the lines.  Everytime, I went in there, I just used to shut my eyes - lol.
Doing the walls tomorrow .... It will be good to go back to work for the rest - lol ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's great to see you - hope you'll come back tomorrow, and the day after and the day after that - right through to 31st December 2010 ....