Thursday 4 March 2010

63/365 - Special Delivery .....

When I got to work yesterday morning there was a box waiting for me .....
I have all my craft shopping delivered to work and I had been eagerly waiting for this one.  The pizza box is full (well not full full - even I'm not that bad about rubber stamps - lol) of the new release of Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 stamps - absolutely gorgeous.
As a nation, Great Britain produces some really good stuff and if you think about it - we invented most things.  Time and economics have moved us on though and even in the crafting world, the Americans are streets ahead - the quality and design of their craft items, particularly tools and rubber stamps are excellent. It's a bit like my knitting needles (see the post about knitting earlier than in the year) - precision German engineering.
We are spoiled I think - we can have strawberries and runner beans all year round; summer fruits in the winter; root veg in the summer; and exotic food all year round - from all over the globe.  Food though,  when I can be bothered to cook, is one thing though that I do try and buy British.  I am a great one for 'seasonal recipes and meals' - stews and casseroles in the winter and salads in the summer.  I love Welsh spring lamb, English new potatoes with mint (and butter - lol), locally grown salad and vegetables, English Cheddar cheese - and there's a very nice Vineyard not far away with some excellent local produce.
So, in some ways it's a shame about the photo - American products; in a box probably made somewhere on the other side of the world; advertising an Italian dish - but the delivery was from Wantage in Oxfordshire - lol ....

1 comment:

  1. Agree with you on the stamps Sue. Some of the British stamps look great but they just don't stamp properly. I've never been disappointed with Cherry Pie, Stampington or Alpha stamps which are from the US.

    ReplyDelete

It's great to see you - hope you'll come back tomorrow, and the day after and the day after that - right through to 31st December 2010 ....