Saturday 24 July 2010

206/365 - I'm Out Of The Cupboard - But ....

Yesterday - I was politely, but firmly, told to go sit in a cupboard.  Not this one .....
And, not really a cupboard - more like an ante room.  Why you may be asking?  Well - here goes ....
Well for the last couple of days, I have had a rash, swelling and tenderness and feeling generally a bit under the weather.  Following a stern lecture from my lovely pal Sue aka 'She Who Must Be Obeyed' on Thursday night, off I toddle on Friday morning to see nice Doctor - and what did nice Doctor say?  Well, my dear, you have Shingles .....
Now this had had a serious impact -
I was having The Gorgeous One aka Finley William to stay for a few days, while his Mum is busy having his sister on Tuesday
Now - he can't come to stay, even though he has had chickenpox, I can't go and see my daughter, I won't be able to see the new baby for at least a week, I can't see my son  (who was coming to visit tomorrow) because he will be visiting his sister and the lovely Rachel hasn't had chickenpox and I can't see anyone else who might be having contact with my daughter or new baby.
I am totally gutted, my daughter is furious with me (I will allow her to be hormonal because she is pregnant -  but this is the last time), my son just said 'Unclean', 'Unclean' down the phone and my on-off gentleman friend said 'I'll see you when you're better then'.  Right now I feel like a social pariah ....
So - I am resting this weekend (rest - I've slept for England today - lol) and continuing to take the five a day drugs  (which are the size of torpedos and look as if they should be put in another bodily orifice) that  the nice Doctor gave me.  I shall go to work on Monday (someone has to do the VAT Return and it's only my rash that's contagious), then I will go an infect a major supermarket and then have the rest of the week off - which is what I would have been doing anyway.
All messages of sympathy will be greatly received ......

1 comment:

  1. Poor Sue. Shingles can be really nasty. Hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete

It's great to see you - hope you'll come back tomorrow, and the day after and the day after that - right through to 31st December 2010 ....