Saturday 7 August 2010

220/365 - A Big Truck ....

Took this photo on Wednesday afternoon, after the Welsh workmen had gone - but forgot about it - lol.  Wednesday wasn't a good day, weather wise (well, I suppose it depends on your point of view - Gardeners - loved it, Mums with School age children - Hated it, Me - I was indifferent 'cos I was busy doing indor stuff) because it rained off and on - and not just light showers either.
Just before the first downpour, the grounds maintenance contractors turned up to cut the communal grass and trim the shrubs - then the heavens opened.  Last time I looked, they were sitting in their van ....  When I went downstairs at about 5.45pm, said grass cutting persons were still in their van - then there was a load of rumbling and hissing air brake noises and this turned up .....
This being a very large Recovery Truck.  Said driver got out and the bonnet was opened of the sick van and after a few minutes of chin stroking (as blokes do) said van sparked into life - leaving huge Recovery Truck having to reverse back down the road - took him eight minutes.  I know - 'cos I stoood there and watched - lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's great to see you - hope you'll come back tomorrow, and the day after and the day after that - right through to 31st December 2010 ....